Monday 8 September 2014

7 Areas of Representation

I’m a 16 year old white, English, heterosexual male From Lutterworth, Leicester after moving here 13 years ago from Sheffield. I’d say I’m from a reasonably middle class family, a good distance off working class but too, nowhere near being upper class. Furthermore, I would say that I am a reasonably healthy lad; I play football 3 times a week for Whetstone Juniors FC and wouldn’t shy away from a run whenever I feel my fitness is diminishing. I’m a skinny lad but I feel I have good strength considering the size of me. Also, despite being christened as a 3 year old child; without my consent, I don’t believe in God or the Bible and therefore I would class myself as an atheist.

In addition, when thinking about what kind of group I would fit into, I really struggled, so I decided to take a look at the UK Tribes website. After a long, extensive research, I came to the understanding that I am actually part of a few different groups, the first being ‘Trackies’. Although I would not say this is most dominant representation in my life, I still feel that the description fits me loosely as I do enjoy gaming, eating fast food, watching football and just chilling out in general. Unfortunately I wouldn’t usually be seen out in trackies as today they are associated with chavs which I strongly believe I am not part of.


Secondly, I would place myself in the ‘Skater’ category. Despite my huge lack of interest in skating and my lack of respect for skate parks, I still wear brands such as Stussy, Vans, Nike SB and my interest in Palace.


More over, I would loosely place myself into the ‘stylers’ group as although I don’t wear much of what is in the description, I wear Nike Huaraches a lot and own 2 pairs, for this reason I feel that I would loosely fit into this group.



Nike Triple Black Huaraches














I would also slightly base myself in the ‘new casual’ group as I like brands such as Lyle & Scott, Fred Perry, Ralph Lauren and Lacoste.


Similarities to media figures


David Beckham
David Beckham - I believe that I share a similarity with David Beckham in the sense that we both share an interest in football. Furthermore, I feel that we both get bored easily; this being apparent in his career from his regular change in clubs and projects since his retirement. I also feel that we are both perfectionists and we both keep adding to our work in order to better ourselves; it's just a shame we don't share his good looks.




Jeremy Clarkson

Jeremy Clarkson - A car enthusiast? I wouldn't say I am an enthusiast but I do have an interest in cars; right from an early age. Also, like Clarkson I do say some controversial things, but luckily I don’t tend to get into trouble for them. In addition I also believe that we share a similar dry sense of humour, along with an interest in journalism.




1 comment:

  1. Well done for using the UK Tribes website to look closely at where you place and how you represent yourself. You should work on editing your writing to ensure the ideas you're trying to express are clear to the reader.

    ReplyDelete